CATHOLIC BLIND INSTITUTE
Catholic Blind Institute (CBI) could benefit from your donations.
Help us help you – have you made a will?
Below are issues we must all consider. Take advantage of CBI’s free ‘Will Service’. In return you may wish to remember us by leaving a donation in your will, however there is no obligation to do so.
- Without a Will, who will inherit your assets?
- What happens if your beneficiaries are disabled? Who will manage their assets? Will they lose their benefits?
- Will an unmarried partner receive anything if you die?
- Does your family have to pay inheritance Tax?
- Will your family know what to do when you die? Who is in charge?
- Protect your assets for your children if you die and your spouse remarries.
- Are you already re-married and have children to a previous marriage? Look after their interests.
- Do you have a child aged under l8? You must appoint a guardian.
- What happens if you no longer have the capacity’ to manage your own affairs?
- Will your assets / your inheritance from your parents be taken if you / they need long term care?
- Will your assets be lost if your child divorces after your death?
- Can anyone claim against your estate after your death?
- What happens if you have a stroke/suffer from dementia and lose the mental capacity to manage your property and financial affairs?
CBI operates from two sites in Liverpool. The Charity comprises of Christopher Grange, which offers Palliative, Nursing and Residential Care to over 100 adults and their Rehabilitation Centre which offers centre based support to adults who are Visually Impaired. St Vincent’s is a Specialist School for Sensory Impairment and Other Needs.
For further information:
Contact John Howell LL.B (Hons) LL.M who is a Wills specialist on: 0151 928 8597 or 07850 030 100